Quality & Safety Manager
This position reports directly to the General Manager. He/She Supports the General Manager with the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS) in order to meet the requirements for NLD-MAR-145, EN9110, as well as Corporate and government Quality & safety requirements.
Primary Duties & responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct internal and external audits of the Quality Management System (QMS) as defined in the approved annual audit plan.
- Develop, Implement and maintain all relevant Policies, Procedures, Work instructions and Forms, which together forms the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance.
- Document and follow up on Non-Conformances and provide support to root-cause analysis and implementation of root cause corrective actions.
- Generates statistical reports identifying quality concerns for submission to various levels of management for review and corrective action.
- Conduct risk assessments in order to identify and quantify risks and establish mitigation measures to bring the risks back down to the lowest possible and acceptable levels (SMS).
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Environment, Health & Safety
-Liaise and/or escort external parties and Governmental representatives during visits, audits and inspections related to Environment, Health & Safety
- Works in collaboration with the Prevention Officer with regards to the establishment, evaluation and reporting the Risk Inventory & Evaluation (RI&E)
- Works in collaboration with the Prevention Officer with regards to Health & safety related issues ( e.g. First response team (BHV), personal Protection Equipment (PPE’s) and Safety)
Training & Qualification
- Development and execution of quality related internal training sessions such as airworthiness, regulations and procedures.
- Monitoring the required and/or mandatory training cycles in SA Menu of maintenance personnel with regards to Qualifications and Authorizations.
- Determining required competences and qualifications for maintenance personnel and drawing up training plans (TDP’s) and programs with managers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in an Aerospace discipline.
- Strong planning, project management, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company processes, quality norms and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer instructions and prescriptions.
- Thorough knowledge of national and international airworthiness- and other regulatory authority requirements / regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of international Standards such as EN9110/AQAP2320
- Familiarity with other relational databases (e.g. MS Access, SQL)
- Proficient in selection and application of statistical techniques
Communication (in Dutch and English, as required)
Communicates quality, environmental, Health & safety related issues with:
• All employees in the organization
• Employees and representatives of the Dutch DMO / LCW quality organization.
• General Manager and management team.
• Suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
• Certifying- and military aviation authorities.
Our client, StandardAero, founded in 1911, has become one of the world aerospace industry’s largest independent maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers. The company’s success is the outgrowth of the synergistic merger of businesses with complementary specialties that have exponentially increased our capabilities and generated unprecedented customer commitment and value.
StandardAero offers extensive MRO services and custom solutions for business aviation, commercial aviation, military and industrial power customers. More than 6,400 professional, administrative and technical employees work in 40+ major facilities around the world, with additional strategically located regional service and support centers all across the globe.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.