Operations Director (ingevuld)
As Operations Director you are responsible for providing leadership and managing strategic planning/alignment and tactical execution of all production/operating processes and for all processing sites of Tradin Organic plants and co-manufacturing activities. The scope of this position includes all Tradin Organic plants in The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Ethiopia (company owned), co-manufacturing, all projects and engineering in production and all Warehousing & logistics activities. You will be responsible for the development of international operational strategies and tactics to execute and functional business plans strategy, vision and goals.
You will have direct accountability for meeting overall plant standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness, people and organizational development and financial performance. You will build the operation processes and tools to streamline execution and provide a method for capturing insight into additional opportunities for improvement. You will develop the Operations team at corporate and plant sites to expand Tradin Organics capabilities and performance in execution.
Your job objectives
· Leverage the Platform and Provide World Class Operations
· Production Efficiency
· Warehousing & Logistics
· Project Engineering
· Strengthen the Organization
· People, Resource and Budget Management
Master degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Food engineering or similar experience and thinking level. Candidate must have strong experience in executing international plants.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or project work and/or engineering.
· Functional and production operations and technical knowledge including distribution are required.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to take complex problems and develop quantitative models to assess options and impacts. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel for data evaluation and analysis is a must.
· Strong communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders is critical, as is the ability to influence team members in other parts of the organization.
· Experience using, improving, and/or implementing production operations management solutions, ERP or SAAS.
· Candidate must have supervisory/managerial experience in a professional setting, including demonstrated ability in training and developing team members.
· Prior management experience in logistics operations, and a strong understanding of transportation providers/carriers processes, costing, and service models is necessary. Experience closely working with customer service, warehouse operations, and/or planning is also preferred.
· Proven experience with implementation six sigma principles at Black Belt level.
· Demonstrated ability to develop regional business plans, measures and objectives based on overall corporate goals and directives.
· Proven ability to lead and develop multifunctional teams and build and leverage relationships across multiple functions and businesses to maximize team performance and achieve project objectives.
· Proven ability to lead by influencing by building commitment for his/her ideas with sites not directly under his/her control.
· Proven engineering and project experience.
· Fluent in the English language.
A fulltime position right in the center of Amsterdam, next to Central Station, with easy travels to other (international) Tradin plant locations
· An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing international company
· Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
· A competitive remuneration package
· A company culture of team spirit, can-do attitude, informal atmosphere and professionalism