AVEBE: Field Technical Service Specialist CHEESE
AVEBE is looking for a Field technical service specialist – Cheese within the AVEBE Innovation Center. This function is part of the department of Customer & Application Response Center. This position needs a strong customer driven desire. You will work closely with application specialists and sales team to bring the quick and efficient technical solutions to new customers or existing customers. All with the added value of AVEBE ingredients (Starches, proteins or fibers). He/She must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and willing to travel up to 50%.
- Build a strong business relationship with cheese customer’s R&D or marketing with technical communication and support.
- Quick respond to the customers’ technical requests and provide the efficient solutions with the support of application specialists.
- Develop close working relationship with the technical community of new customers or under-developed existing customers. Identify, penetrate and build relationship with key decision makers leading to new business opportunities and projects.
- Promote technical leadership position by demonstrating new application concept to existing and potential customers.
- Build a strong technical project pipeline by developing robust technical account plans, identifying new technical leads/project opportunities and closing these opportunities. Successfully convert new technical leads/project opportunities to sales.
- Work collaboratively with Sales managers to bring solutions and new product ideas and concepts from and to the market.
- Work cross functionally with application specialists, market managers, sales managers and product managers. Transparently share the information and provide the customer feedback objectively to the whole team in a timely and effective manner to ensure customer performance goals are met.
- Travel as required up to 50% to achieve project goals, grow the project pipeline, and provide technical account management to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level in food science, physics, chemistry, engineering or related area of study.
- Fluent of the English language both written and spoken.
- 3+ years of experience of the starch application in cheese industry. Experience and understanding of cheese formulation, processing and ingredient functionality. Sound knowledge of food science, food chemistry and food microbiology.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal peers, sales, marketing, and customers.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and market insights to internal departments.
- Good problem solving skills and quick decision making capability.
- Ability to write concise and clear customer visit and factory trial report.
Avebe is a cooperative of starch-potato growers focused on the market. Traditionally the focus is on extracting starch from potatoes. However, by developing innovative methods AVEBE now also extracts proteins from potatoes that are intended for the food industry. For AVEBE and its customers a potato is a source of opportunities with even more ingredients that can be turned into value.
Every day 1,350 Avebe employees work on using all the opportunities
provided by potatoes to make life pleasanter, healthier and more convenient – for clients, members, and society as a whole.