ICL is a global leader in the Bromine, Potash, Phosphates and Innovative Agriculture Solutions markets. More than 11,000 talented employees across 30 countries in 5 continents work tirelessly to support humanity’s most crucial needs. Their employees are helping to feed the world’s growing population and provide better and safer industrial solutions that improve quality of life and even save lives.
For one of ICL’s divisions (Industrial Products) we’re looking for a
SITE MANAGER (TERNEUZEN)
This position reports straight into the Executive VP Operations, located in Israel.
In this challenging role you are responsible for the Operations within Terneuzen site (SHE, Maintenance, Production, Logistics, Quality, Investments and HR). The position holder also serves as the General Manager, representing the company in all local authorities (statutory Director)
This position is responsible to:
• Ensure the safety and health of all employees through the promotion of safety culture and the implementation of all safety regulations and principles of HOP.
• Establish long-term goals and objectives to drive best practices and continuous improvement within the site.
• Leverage technology and innovation to increase productivity and reinforce efficiencies
• Lead the adoption of Operational Excellence practices
• Apply the Corporate’s strategy within the site
• Define site investment needs; develop and execute capital investment plan.
• Build and ensure adherence to pertinent budget.
• Ensure site compliance with the laws, local regulatory requirements and ICL policies and procedures
• Deliver the products to the customer according to the specification and in due time
• Implement Quality Assurance according to ISO standards
• Promote the employee engagement and strive to enhance level of satisfaction
• Strengthen the professional and managerial capabilities on site
Skills and attributes
• Strategic thinking
• Planning, project management and problem-solving skills
• Integrity, honesty and ethics in business dealings
• Ability to lead cross-organizational change
• Strong managerial and conflict resolution skills
• People management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strategic orientation
• Fluent in English
Education and Experience
• At least 5-10 years of proven trackrecord in a similar function
• Preferably a chemical engineer by background and experience in this environment
• Experience with Lean manufacturing, 6-sigma and other OPEX practices
• Experience in global and matrix organizations
• Fluent in Dutch and English, verbal and written (hard requirement)
The role offers a very competitive base salary, plus a short Term Incentive scheme of 20%, a Long Term Cash Incentive scheme and a company car.
Interested or apply?
This assignment is exclusively given to Excellentum Human Capital Solutions and handled by one of their Managing Partners, Jan Piet van der Plank.
You can contact him directly ( on (0648 21 16 61 ) for more information about this role; or apply directly via firstname.lastname@example.org