Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 28.000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 5.9 billion in combined revenue (2021).
Bekaert Combustion Technology Heating is part of Bekaert and specializes in the development and production of environmentally friendly and sustainable gas burners and custom-made heat exchangers for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. With its broad range of premium-quality technical products and services, Bekaert Combustion Technology offers enormous added value to its customers across the globe. Innovation, technological leadership, premium quality products and entrepreneurship define our organization. BCT Heating employs around 400 people worldwide and has plants in Assen (The Netherlands), Taicang (China), Ploiesti (Romania) and Marietta (USA).
For this client we are looking for a:
What are you going to do?
1. Promotes awareness of customer requirements in the organization
2. Develops/plans/reviews/leads implements quality improvement projects as part of the long term planning and strategy.
3. Participate in (customer) visits/audits and responds to (customer) questions in consultation with internal departments.
4. Lead activities in resolving (customer) product quality issues.
5. Supports R&D in the (re-)intro-duction of new or modified products
6. Supports in gathering and analyzing relevant process data, based on e.g. Cp/Cpk and R&R studies, in order to determine all important process parameters and to control the production process (SPC).
7. Supports Purchasing in monitoring supplier quality performance, executing audits, setting up and evaluating the Service Level Agreements.
As a Quality Engineer you are in direct contact with the customers as well as suppliers. In this role you not only act as the ambassador of Bekaert Combustion Technology but you also need to demonstrate a high level of integrity and objectivity.
Because of the of the complexity of products and processes, the Quality Engineer collaborates with matrix-driven project teams in which different disciplines are represented, like R&D, Engineering, Purchase, Production and Logistics. You should be able to define your own actions and bring this to execution, this requires a large degree of independence in your way of working.
The scope of this role is the Business Unit Heating which has a presence in Assen and Romania, therefore willingness to (limited) travel is required.
What do you need to bring to the table:
– Bachelor Degree in Technical Engineering or experience at that level, f.e. automotive, chemical,pharma
– 3 to 5 year’s experience in a leading role in a technical/technological environment;
– Knowledge of Lean and/or Lean/SixSigma techniques
– Knowledge required of products, processes and quality systems (ISO 9001 / ISO/TS 16949);
– Initiates independent actions and activities;
– Brings conclusions and / or solutions for complex problems;
What is offered?
A competitive package of appr. 70K base per annum plus 2K bonus, 38 vacation days and enough possibilities to develop yourself within this organization.
Excellentum Human Capital Solutions exclusively handles this assignment via it’s Managing Partner Jan Piet van der Plank.
Please contact him for more information or your application for this great role.
Phonenumber is +31 648 21 16 61 or email firstname.lastname@example.org