Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 28.000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.3 billion in combined revenue (2019).
Bekaert Combustion Technology Heating is part of Bekaert and specializes in the development and production of environmentally friendly and sustainable gas burners and custom-made heat exchangers for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. With its broad range of premium-quality technical products and services, Bekaert Combustion Technology offers enormous added value to its customers across the globe. Innovation, technological leadership, premium quality products and entrepreneurship define our organization. BCT Heating employs around 400 people worldwide and has plants in Assen (The Netherlands), Taicang (China), Ploiesti (Romania) and Marietta (USA).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the long term growth strategy of Bekaert Combustion Technology Heating we are currently looking for a Product Manager. The purpose of the job is to develop a product strategy and execute life cycle management. You will be the connecting factor between the market and our R&D capabilities. Furthermore, the Product Lifecycle manager is responsible for maximum acceptance of the newly developed products and together with the commercial team for the commercial success of the product.
• You will be responsible for products or solutions during the entire life cycle
• You identify market needs and develop a product road map accordingly
• You determine product requirements (Market Requirement Specification) with input from the commercial & R&D departments,
• You will prepare and develop the business plan for market needs,
• You are responsible for the determination of the price structure of the new developed products,
• You will be responsible for creating marketing content for the newly developed products
• You Analyze of product successes (from a requirements and economic point of view),
• Create and maintain a database with product regulations of all our main markets
• You will develop a product phase out strategy for current & new products.
• You will identify our current supply obligations towards customer and create/maintain a product database that contains this information
• Perform product-specific market analyses
• Perform product-specific competition analyses
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably in Business economics
– Min 5 year experience in a comparable position
– Strong analytical skills
– Good technical understanding
– Is able to drive, motivate and challenge the team members
– Contributes to effective teamwork
– You are willing to travel abroad
– Networking, strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Dynamic personality: performance/result driven
– Has a strong out-side in orientation, shows sufficient technical know-how to be a good communication partner for customer.
– Good knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the German language is an advantage
Please contact- or apply – via Jan Piet van der Plank, Managing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More info by telephone 0648 21 16 61