We are looking for a Director Industrial Engineering for Damen in Romania.
The division (Mid Size Vessels) delivers maritime projects for various markets like defense & security, public transport and offshore and dredging.
The goal is to direct the design and development of production processes, process improvements and technological upgrades that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
Damen is a high quality driven international company specialized in Shipbuilding.
Managing Director Damen Shipyards Romania.
• No direct team initially with possibility to develop a small team.
• You will work with resources from all operational departments of both yards.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Conducts equipment utilization and capacity studies and provide recommendations to drive and improve OEE.
• Leads cross-functional teams to improve utilization, cost and yield in manufacturing and facility layouts.
• Works along the finance organization in all efforts to improve margins, variances and unit cost.
• Defines and leads research and development projects to assure accomplishment of technical objectives.
• Develop and maintain manufacturing capacity models and recommend resources needed to meet production requirements.
• Applies Self Directed Work Teams techniques to improve material flow, throughput, and eliminate non-value add processes.
What about you?
• Degree in Technical/Engineering or a related Discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years overall Industrial Engineering experience and SDWT experience.
• Self-starter. Makes independent decisions and uses excellent judgment and effective problem-solving methods.
• Excellent leadership and interaction skills. Able to influence individuals to achieve win/win resolutions.
• Automation experience in heavy equipment/industry manufacturing industry.
• Fluent English.
• 50% Travelling required to yards, Damen HQ and partners
• A strong and influential leader, effective in a large organization.
• Effective problem solver, innovative, able to identify and realize opportunities.
• Decisive and result-oriented, strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Customer oriented, flexible and positive attitude.
At Damen they realize that supporting and managing talented individuals is of great importance. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why they continuously invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full-time employment):
• a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
• a competitive salary
• at least 40 days of annual leave
• travel allowance
• profit sharing & pension allowance
• continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
• an active social environment such as events and sports
An assessment and a pre-employment screening can be a part of the recruitment process.
Please contact Gerard Braker via (M: 0031 6 18174831) or via email including your resume