Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with almost 28.000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.3 billion in combined revenue (2019).
Bekaert Combustion Technology Heating is part of Bekaert and specializes in the development and production of environmentally friendly and sustainable gas burners and custom-made heat exchangers for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. With its broad range of premium-quality technical products and services, Bekaert Combustion Technology offers enormous added value to its customers across the globe. Innovation, technological leadership, premium quality products and entrepreneurship define our organization. BCT Heating employs around 400 people worldwide and has plants in Assen (The Netherlands), Taicang (China), Ploiesti (Romania) and Marietta (USA).
To support the long term growth strategy of Bekaert Combustion Technology Heating we are currently looking for a Business Development Manager ERMEA who will, as a true entrepreneur, generate & evaluate ideas regarding growing opportunities, translate these into business plans and who will also generate the first sales for these new applications in new or existing markets.
Are you a real entrepreneur, who likes to create new markets?
Are you innovative and eager to achieve results?
Then you could be the Business Development Manager we are looking for.
You will be working in the Commercial team for ERMEA, where you work closely with key account managers, the technical market manager, external sales agents, the customer service team and the sales controller. In this role you will report to the Commercial General Manager ERMEA.
• You develop an in depth knowledge for specific segments and together with your colleagues you will contribute to the short and long term technology strategy of Bekaert Heating in ERMEA.
• You will generate and evaluate ideas regarding new growth opportunities into new, or existing markets. You will facilitate the process of idea generation by collaborating internally with different departments and externally by working together with customers, interested third parties….etc.
• You will translate relevant ideas into a business plan to investigate the feasibility of the new business (financially, market, production capacity, technological feasibility …etc.). You will also develop market introduction strategies and optimize the value creation based on strong USPs of our portfolio.
• You will generate the first sales for these new opportunities by identifying potential customers, visiting customers in ERMEA. You will manage the day-to-day commercial relationship with the customer.
• You actively coordinate, source, and analyse latest market and segment data and identify potential business opportunities to go after.
• Together with the Product Lifecycle Manager (new role) you ensure that the product roadmap is always aligned with the market roadmap and needs.
• You assure that you have a thorough knowledge regarding the competing technology of competitors. You stay up to date on current segments served by burners and heat exchangers.
• You take initiatives to increase the visibility of heating products at eg. events, fairs in ERMEA.
• You gained a master degree in business economics or engineering and you have 2 to 3 years of experience in a business development role as a consultant or in a technical B2B environment.
• Ideally, you have work experience and/or a network in the Heating industry.
• You have a helicopter view and you are able to envision long term trends.
• You are an innovator who challenges the status quo and who thinks out-of-the-box.
• You have excellent networking skills and you are a strong team player.
• You focus on the customer and have the mentality & drive of a sales hunter.
• You are able to work autonomously.
• You are an enthusiastic go-getter.
• You have excellent verbal & written communication and basic computer skills: Outlook, Excel & Word.
• You are ok to travel (20% of time)
Please send your resume to Jan Piet van der Plank, our Managing Partner Industry.
For more information call 0648211661.