Chief Compliance Officer
• Define, implement and oversee the Group’s compliance strategy.
• Develop and maintain the Group’s compliance architecture, ensuring a robust compliance control framework is in place that facilitates the maintenance and updating of company policies to reflect legal and business changes.
• Ensure that effective measures are in place to identify, assess, mitigate and reduce non- compliance throughout the Group, and enhance compliance awareness.
• Drive a strategic and operational compliance culture where the business benefits are understood and accepted by employees at all levels.
• Work with operations and senior management teams to ensure compliance control and mitigation plans are developed, applied and executed.
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with relevant regulatory bodies and third parties to ensure the Group achieves a high level of compliance at all levels.
• Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and co-ordinate internal investigations (e.g. responding to reports of problems, 'hot-line' calls, or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective actions.
• Develop value-added Group wide compliance reporting mechanisms, ensuring that Senior Management, the Executive Committee, the Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors and the Board of Directors are informed about important issues and material violations, as appropriate.
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise the business accordingly.
• Provide training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business.
• Ensure all employees are aware of and understand their compliance responsibilities.
• Act as a change leader, promote and drive the delivery of compliance procedures within the Group. Develop, coach and mentor the Group’s compliance community, ensuring that personnel are properly trained and equipped to conduct their jobs.
• Directly responsible for the day-to-day management and ongoing development of the Compliance function.
• Develop, monitor and evaluate key performance indicators for direct reports
Our client is a leading natural resources company with integrated mining, processing, energy, logistics and marketing operations. It is the world's largest ferrochrome producer by chrome content and one of the key producers of iron ore and alumina worldwide. They have a portfolio of production assets and development projects on four continents, being one of the major employers in the industry. Globally the Group is has over 75.000 employees.
To be eligible for this position, you have the following qualifications:
• University degree in law, finance, business or similar, a Masters is desirable.
• Fluent in both English and Russian ( this is essential).
• ICA International Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance; or ICA Diploma in Business Compliance • Minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior compliance management roles;minimum of 5 years’ experience within the mining / natural resources sectors.
• Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance and human resource processes, procedures and regulations.
• Strong working knowledge of compliance and risk assessment practices related to the accountabilities of the position, including: experience writing detailed compliance procedures and disclosures; ability to manage regulatory filings and examinations.
• In-depth knowledge of the applicable Luxembourgish and EU legal framework, including legislation regulation and best practice.
• Behavioural competencies: Strong interpersonal relationships; planning; ability working under pressure; technical leadership, negotiation and communication skills; decision making; teamwork; motivational skills; logical & analytical thinking; flexibility.
This position is based in Luxemburg or Amsterdam and our client offers an excellent renumeration with an annual base salary of minimal € 200K plus, excluding additional benefits
Are you interested in the position of Chief Compliance Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via email@example.com.
Please contact Gerard Braker, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 18174831 or Jan Piet van der Plank, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 482111661.