Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Region: Netherlands (Permanent job)
Are you passionate about trade compliance within the supply chain of the maritime industry and do you have in-depth knowledge of EU, US (EAR, OFAC) export controls and sanctions regulations? Then you have come to the right place to get on board with the client as Senior Trade Compliance Specialist!
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist to join the central logistics centre team in The Netherlands. This team is responsible for warehousing and shipping activities worldwide. Using our logistics expertise, we support our colleagues on a wide range of business activities, such as our recently launched e-commerce platform, and worldwide delivery of spare parts, all the way up to the building of new ships at various external shipyards.
The position of Senior Trade Compliance Specialist will focus on continuing the development of internal trade compliance programme and embedding this within the organisation. In this role, you will work closely with our compliance officer, as well as various contacts across all departments. The company is expanding and becoming an international player, for which further implementation of our trade compliance programme is essential. Within this role, you will support the (re)definition of the companies programme and be responsible for selecting and implementing trade compliance software within the business processes. As the Senior Trade Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- supporting the compliance officer in (re)defining the trade compliance programme
- encouraging compliance awareness at all levels of the organisation through support of educational training programmes, distribution of information and process improvement initiatives
- project management of the sourcing and implementation of trade compliance software to manage international trade compliance activity across the company.
- due diligence compliance checks of all parties
- conducting internal compliance checks on the classification and qualification of goods
- providing day-to-day advice and guidance regarding customs and transaction-related requirements
- monitoring regional regulatory customs and trade compliance changes.
To be eligible for the position of Senior Trade Compliance Specialist, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) bachelor or equivalent with at least three years of relevant experience
- in-depth knowledge of EU, US (EAR, OFAC) export controls and sanctions regulations
- demonstrable ability to make effective decisions, solve problems and handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion
- excellent project management skills
- strong written and verbal communication and effective influencing skills
- affinity with IT (experience with IFS is a plus).
An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
The client offers the successful candidate of Senior Trade Compliance Specialist a challenging full-time job within a dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website www.excellentum.nl
Please contact Gerard Braker, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 18174831 or Jan-Piet van der Plank, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 48211661Back