Region: Netherlands (Permanent job)
Is purchasing your passion, and do you want to be part of the technology innovator? Then you just might be our new Purchasing Manager!
As Purchasing Manager you are responsible for efficient procurement and delivery of the various product groups.The Purchasing department is responsible for all (inter)national purchasing-related activities for products and services with reference to the delivery of hardware, spare parts and upgrades projects in the aftermarket sector. The Purchasing department consists of three functional areas: operational purchasing, tactical purchasing and project purchasing. You will manage a team of six operational purchasers, two tactical purchasers and two project purchasers. In addition, you are responsible for the continuous improvement of the supply chain, and for leading and supporting all improvements in the purchasing process. Such competences as priority setting, stakeholder management and teamwork are all important factors to master in order to successfully fulfil this function. Within this role, your duties will also include the following:
- Leading the tactical purchasers, working in alignment with the various departments, to ensure:
- optimisation of the procurement process
- selection of suppliers
- visiting and auditing of suppliers to assess their suitability for delivery
- setting up framework agreements with suppliers, including data mapping and data exchange agreements
- writing business documentation for the necessary changes to enable more efficient processes in our ERP system (IFS).
- Leading the operational purchasing team to:
- create and manage an identical and efficient work process
- create and manage work instructions and procedures
- manage KPIs for delivery performance, savings and risk avoidance.
- Leading the project buyers to:
- prepare proposals, including risk analyses
- deliver the products/services within the project requirements (OSBIT).
- Preparing overall procurement plans and reports to present, sell and align with/to the internal stakeholders.
To be eligible for the role of Purchasing Manager, you must have the following:
- minimum of higher vocational education (HBO) in a technical commercial field (preferably supplemented with Nevi 1 and 2)
- minimum of five years of experience in an equivalent role in an industrial, technical environment, preferably in the maritime or offshore sector
- knowledge of international trading practices in maritime or offshore-related business is advantageous
- a hands-on mentality, service-oriented approach and commercial mindset
- deep understanding of business process management, self-starting, structured and proactive approach
- effective communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player, as well as a people manager
- fluency in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- knowledge of shipbuilding and the ERP system IFS is advantageous.
An online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Our client offers you as Purchasing Manager a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website www.excellentum.nl
Please contact Gerard Braker, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 18174831 or Jan-Piet van der Plank, Managing Partner, 0031 (0) 6 48211661Back