Operations Director (Europe/Africa)
On behalf of our client we are looking for a:
Operations Director (Europe/Africa)
As Operations Director you are responsible for providing leadership and managing strategic planning/alignment and tactical execution of all production/operating processes and for all processing sites of Tradin Organic plants and co-manufacturing activities. The scope of this position includes all Tradin Organic plants in The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Ethiopia (company owned), co-manufacturing, all projects and engineering in production and all Warehousing & logistics activities. You will be responsible for the development of international operational strategies and tactics to execute and functional business plans strategy, vision and goals.
You will have direct accountability for meeting overall plant standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness, people and organizational development and financial performance. You will build the operation processes and tools to streamline execution and provide a method for capturing insight into additional opportunities for improvement. You will develop the Operations team at corporate and plant sites to expand Tradin Organics capabilities and performance in execution.
Our client Tradin Organic is a global front runner in organic food ingredients. They lead through their unique sourcing, distributing and processing capability and full service offering. They offer a wide range of organic and certified ingredients, from fruit, nuts and oils to specialty products such as cocoa, coffee and superfoods. To ensure a steady and traceable supply, they continue to add their own worldwide sourcing initiatives and processing operations to their growing global network of suppliers. For these projects, they are involved in the entire supply chain from cultivation to processing to export. Tradin sources more than 240 products, directly from over 60 origins. Tradin Organic operates processing facilities dedicated to key items such as cocoa, sesame and sunflower seed products, to further ensure organic integrity, the highest product quality and food safety standards. The extensive worldwide network of suppliers, processors and partners makes them a major partner in the organic food industry today. For organic farmers Tradin is the link to the international food industry. For food processors they are an experienced partner for their entry into the growing organic market. From farm to the market, it is their mission to work with the utmost respect for people and planet. A key to Tradin Organic’s success and continuous growth have been strategic alliances and acquisitions. Since 2008, Tradin Organic is part of the SunOpta Inc. conglomerate. SunOpta Inc. is a leading global company focused on natural, organic and specialty foods.
Your job objectives
· Leverage the Platform and Provide World Class Operations
· Production Efficiency
· Warehousing & Logistics
· Project Engineering
· Strengthen the Organization
· People, Resource and Budget Management
For this challenging role you are required to have
· Master degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Food engineering or similar experience and thinking level. Candidate must have strong experience in executing international plants.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or project work and/or engineering.
· Functional and production operations and technical knowledge including distribution are required.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to take complex problems and develop quantitative models to assess options and impacts. Strong skills in Microsoft Excel for data evaluation and analysis is a must.
· Strong communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders is critical, as is the ability to influence team members in other parts of the organization.
· Experience using, improving, and/or implementing production operations management solutions, ERP or SAAS.
· Candidate must have supervisory/managerial experience in a professional setting, including demonstrated ability in training and developing team members
· Prior management experience in logistics operations, and a strong understanding of transportation providers/carriers processes, costing, and service models is necessary. Experience closely working with customer service, warehouse operations, and/or planning is also preferred.
· Proven experience with implementation six sigma principles at Black Belt level.
· Demonstrated ability to develop regional business plans, measures and objectives based on overall corporate goals and directives.
· Proven ability to lead and develop multifunctional teams and build and leverage relationships across multiple functions and businesses to maximize team performance and achieve project objectives.
· Proven ability to lead by influencing by building commitment for his/her ideas with sites not directly under his/her control.
· Proven engineering and project experience.
· Fluent in the English language
Interested in this exiting position?
Excellentum Human Capital Solutions is searching candidates for this exiting position on an exclusive basis, so please send your application by e-mail to Marcel de Jong ( email@example.com) or Jan Piet van der Plank (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, or the extended job description, please contact Marcel at 0651 90 62 44 or Jan Piet 0648 21 16 61Back